HINDUSTANI CLASSICAL (As prescribed by the PRAYAG SANGEET SAMITI, ALLAHABAD)
PRAVESHIKA (1st year) Pre-Matric
- Knowledge of Shuddha and Vikrit Swaras
- Special knowledge of Shuddha Swaras
- Knowledge of Laya
- Simple Knowledge of Vilambit, Madhya and Drut Laya
- Full practise of ten Alankars in Sargam and Aakar Vilambit and Madhya laya.
- Chhota Khayal with a few simple Taans in the following Ragas :
- Ahilya Bilawal, Yaman, Khamaj, Kaafi, Vihag, Bhairavi and Bhopali.
- Knoledge of simple Aalap in the above Ragas.
- Taals : Teen Taal, Char Taal, Dadra and Kehrwa
- Dugun of all Taals
- Recognition of Raga Darshak Aalaps.
General knowledge of two systems of Hindustani Music, Dhwani, Naad Shruti, Swar, Saptak, Thaak, Raga, Varna, Alankar, Raga Jaati, Vaadi, Samvadi, Anuvadi, Varjit Awar, Pakad, Aalap, Taan, Khayal, Sargam, Stahai, Antra Laya, Mantra, Taal, Vibhag Sam, Taali, Khaali, Theka, Aavartan, Thah and Dugun. Raag parichay, writing imple Aalaps , Swaara, aaroh, Jaati, Pakad, Vaadi, Samvadi and timing. How to write the Taal’s Theka, antra, Vibhag, Sam, Taali, Khaali and Their Dugun. Knoledge of Swara Lipi of Bhat Khande/Vishnu Digambar. Biography of Bhat Khande and Vishnu Digamber and their contribtion to music.
PRAVESHIKA (2nd Year) Junior Diploma
- Knowledge of Swar and Laya
- Practical of singing of Alankar in Sargam
- 6 Aakars in Vilambit, Madhya and Drut Laya
- Practice of Chhota Khayal (Madhaya Pradesh) with simple Taal in Raga Bageshwari, Durga Bhairvi, Vrindawani Sarang, Bhim Palasi and Desh
- Dhrupad in two Ragas
- Vilambit Khayal in Yaman, Vihag and Ahilya Bilawal
- Rag Pehchaan
- Practice of enunciating EkTaal, Roopak, Tivra, JhapTaal, SoolTaal in Thaat, Dugun and Chougun Laya with Taali.
Madhyam (3rd and 4th Years) Senior Diploma
(Tuning of Taanpura, paddati etc.)*
SANGEET PRABHAKAR (5th and 6th Years)
(Madhya Laya Khayal, Dhrupad, Dhanmar etc.)*
SANGEET PRAVEEN (7th and 8th Year)
M.Mus. (Vilambit, Pad, Kavita etc.)*
*For details of Syllabus refer to the PATHYAKRAM NIYAMAVALI of the Prayag Sangeet Samiti, Allahabad which can be demanded at the college office.
SPANISH GUITAR (ACOUSTIC / ELECTRIC )
- Notes on the Guitar.
- Scales (Major, Minor, 7th)
- Chords (Major, Minor, 7th, Added 9ths, Suspended, Barre, etc.)
- Left Hand Techniques
- Right Hand Techniques
- The Three-Chord Theory; Further chord Progressions
- Strumming and Flat Picking
- Rhythm Guitaring – Tempo, Rhythm and Timing
- Western Classical Styles (Finger Picking and Finger Styles)
- Playing songs on the Lead; with Chords; with Rhythm
- Singing along with Chords
- Analyzing and Transposing Songs
- Tuning the guitar; Maintenance; and Customizing.